Advantages of Firefox


Firefox is an absolute must. Here's my chance to tell you why. Microsoft's Internet Explorer has been known for a long time to have security issues. In the past, this meant that your computer wasn't safe while using it. Some of those things have been fixed but I personally still don't completely trust it. Firefox is safe. That's comforting to me.

The next biggest reason I like Firefox is for the extensions. Your online experience will be greatly enhanced with all of the extras normal people have come up with to make Firefox even better. This type of thing is highly encouraged by the company.
Click here to read my post about the best extensions.

There is a built-in pop-up blocker that has saved me many times. I actually found Firefox when I was looking for a way to stop the hundreds of pop-ups I was getting in internet explorer. I haven't had to worry about them since. Here is a picture of something real that happened to me recently:



Something new that Firefox came out with recently is a built-in spell check. That means that while I'm typing an email, commenting on a website, or even writing this post, misspelled words will be underlined in red. I can then right click to see suggested spellings. I love it!

Firefox is completely customizable. I can express my personality, and I can make invisible any part of the browser I don't like. I can shuffle things as well. For example, I like my tabs of the different websites I have open, at the bottom of my screen like the Windows task bar. So, I moved it down there. It's that simple.

Firefox is free. There is no hidden agenda or motive. The creators want to provide a safe, effective, and enjoyable experience on the web. They succeed. Give it a try.

Website Download

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Firefox was nice back when it was unknown but now that its become a tech 'darling' and an industry 'buzzword' its not that good IMO. Opera is much better, has a much smaller footprint and is the only browser to pass the Acid2 Test and the 1st browser to pass the Acid3 Test.