Anti-Virus Protection


Protecting your computer these days is a must. Not having an anti-virus program on your computer is a major risk for viruses, lost files, or even fraud. There are just way too many people out there these days trying to hack into computers.

It can sometimes be overwhelming choosing an anti-virus program. Norton Anti-Virus comes preloaded on many new computers. I personally feel that this it the worst way to go. Most people don't know that Norton is not always compatible with everything on your computer. They also don't know that it is a memory hog which means that it could slow down your computer and make it harder to run multiple programs simultaneously. Plus, you have to pay every year to keep using Norton.

For every type of software you can buy, there is someone who has made the same thing for free. Click here to read about freeware. Here are two excellent freeware (no cost sotware) anti-virus programs:

Avast - This is what I've used for the past two years and I haven't had a virus since. With this you do have to get an activation code once a year by email but once again, it's free. Go to www.avast.com for more info or you can click here to download it now.

AVG - I have not used this one much because Avast has worked fine for me but I have heard and read wonderful things and it grows in popularity daily. Go to www.avg.com for more info or you can click here to download it now.

Remember, nobody ever thinks they'll be hacked until it's too late.

No comments: